Vermicelli Upma By pink-82
Added to 4 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 13914 times
Vermicelli Upma is a delicious and nutritious low cal breakfast item which can also be enjoyed as snack or packed lunch. The vermicelli or semiya are roasted and then cooked with onion, mustard seeds and chillies.
- Take water in a broad pan & boil it.
- Take down the pan & add the rice vermicelli, 1/2 tsp oil & cover it with a lid for 5-8 mins.
- Drain the vermicelli in a drainer & keep aside.
- Heat the remaining oil in a pan.
- Add mustard seeds & curry leaves.
- When start to splutter add onion& green chilli & stir fry till light pink.
- Add the remaining vegetables & stir fry till the vegetables are half cooked.
- Now add the vermicelli & salt & mix it lightly.
- Lastly add lemon juice, coconut, coriander leaves& mix lightly & serve hot.
This recipe was contributed by pink-82 on 12 Oct 2004
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.