Vermicelli Rice, Lebanese Rice with Vermicelli
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 12 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 23784 times
Vermicelli is used extensively in Lebanese cooking to make both sweet and savoury dishes.
The same recipe can be converted into a sweet by cooking the rice with milk and little sugar.
- Clean the rice and soak in water for 15 minutes. Drain and keep aside.
- Put 3 cups of water to boil.
- Heat the ghee in a broad pan, add the vermicelli and sauté till it becomes golden brown.
- Add the rice and sauté for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the water and salt and bring to boil.
- Lower the flame, cover the pan with a lid and simmer till the rice is cooked (approx. 20 to 25 minutes).
- Serve hot with mixed vegetable stew.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.