by Sk malhotra
Added to 11 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 5717 times
It can be cooked in a sugar syrup as above or boiled in milk.
- Break the vermicelli into 5cm/2inch lenghts.
- Heat the ghee in a frying pan or wok and stir fry the vermicelli until golden brown. remove the pan from the heat.
- Put the water and the sugar into another pan and place on a medium heat until the sugar has dessolved.
- Pour this syrup over the vermicelli and return the pan to the heat.
- Cook gently until all the liquid has evaporated.
- While the pudding is cooked, dissolve the safron in the warm water and slice the almonds.
- Add these to the pan with the rasins and cardamom powder and stir everything together well.
- Turn the pudding into a serving dish. slice the pistachio nuts and sprinkle over the top.
- Decorate the pudding with the silver varak, if using.
This recipe was contributed by Sk malhotra on 21 Jul 2001
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.