Vermicelli Or Semya Iddly's
Added to 13 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 4601 times
Vermicelli or semya iddly's offer a nice variation to the typical rice and lentil based idli recipe. Here the roasted vermicelli is made into a batter along with cashews and semolina and then steamed soft, flavourful and textured idlys.
- Fry the rava & semya separately in 2 tbspns oil till nice & brown
- Keep aside to cool.
- Heat the remaining oil & fry the green chillies, mustard seeds,curry leaves,dry chillies, asafetida pwd; channa dhal & fry,
- When the dhal is becoming brown add the cashewnuts & fry till brown remove from fire and add to the fried semiya & rava.
- Beat the curds, add the baking powder, fried rava & semya mixture, add salt, mix once again & keep.
- Now grease the iddly trays & pour the batter into each mould & steam in the iddly vessel or cooker for 8-10 mins.
- Like for iddly’s. after 8-10 mins. remove the vessel from flame & let it cool for a few mins, remove the iddly’s & serve with coconut chutney, sambar, or any gravy dish.
- This dish could be eaten for breakfast or for tea time.
This recipe was contributed by Pearlie on 28 Feb 2004
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.