Added to 5 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 13134 times
Vermicelli burfi is an innovative Indian dessert recipe with a delectable taste and an unique set of ingredients. The vermicelli burfi is prepared with mawa mixed with sugar, desiccated coconut and roasted vermicelli or seviyan. The burfi or rectangular shaped vermicelli mithai is served on special occasions or festivals. An excellent popular dessert recipe for every occasion.
- In a karahi, dry roast the vermicelli till light brown.
- Boil vermicelli in excess water till slightly soft, drain.
- In a karahi mix together milkmaid, roasted and cooked vermicelli, coconut and almonds.
- Cook on low heat till the mixture leaves the sides of the karahi. add the saffron.
- Spread on a greased flat dish/tray.
- When cool, cut into desired shape pieces.
- Enjoy this delicious vermicelli burfee.
This recipe was contributed by sanamalhotra on 13 Jan 2001
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.