Added to 1 cookbook
This recipe has been viewed 6472 times
Tastes best when served hot!!
- Combine the yeast and sugar in 1/4 cup of water and keep aside for 15 mins.
- Combine the basmati rice, rice and coconut and blend in a mixer to a smooth mixture, adding little water if required.
- Add the yeast-sugar mixture and mix well.
- Add the salt, mix well and keep aside for 12 hours to rise.
- Heat a appam pan and grease with little oil and pour a spoonful of the batter into the pot and spread it around the pot.
- Cover and cook until the center is done and the sides are crisp.
- Serve hot with vegetable stew.
This recipe was contributed by Foodie#421057 on 22 Mar 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.