Vellarikai Puli Curry/ Cucumber Kuzhambu
by Priya Alagappan
Added to 1 cookbook
This recipe has been viewed 3373 times
I learnt this recipe from my mom who is a great expert.As she hails from Kanyakumari district, kerala border most of the recipes cooked by her are kerala recipes.I have some more dishes collection learnt from her. One among them is Vellarikai Puli Curry.
- Wash and peel off the cucumber skin and desseed it.
- Cut like cubes and keep it aside.
- Now in a blender or mixer, add the grated coconut, cumin seeds ,turmeric powder and red chillies and blend into a smooth paste.
- The paste shouldn’t be too watery but thick.
- Take a sauce pan and heat with 2 tsp of oil.
- Once heated add mustard seeds and allow it to crackle.
- Add the cubed cucumber and salt and keep the stove in medium flame.
- Wait till the cucumber is cooked well.
- Add little water if required to avoid cucumbers from burning/sticking to the pan.
- Once the cucumber is cooked it becomes translucent, add the ground paste into it.
- Now add water to make it into a thick gravy.
- Let it boil for 4-5 minutes and stir occasionally.
- Now add tamarind extract and bring the mixture to boil.
- Serve with white rice and stir fries.
This recipe was contributed by Priya Alagappan on 17 Oct 2014I lives in UK with my family. Cooking is one of my hobbies. I love to cook different varities of foo...
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.