Added to 7 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 5875 times
Veggie uthapam is a South Indian uttapam or pancake recipe with chopped vegetables added. The veggie utapam is best enjoyed as breakfast with coconut chutney.
- Soak the rice and daal for 4 hours and grind into a smooth paste with a little salt.
- Allow the batter to ferment.once fermented, chop all the above veggies finely and add it to the batter along with little water to get a smooth consistency.
- Finally garnish the batter with the coriander leaves.
- Take a non-stck tava and pour small amounts of batter.
- Add a spoon of ghee and prepare just like a dosa.
This recipe was contributed by shyamalam on 08 May 2003
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.