by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 134 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 24454 times
Rich in Iron and Zinc Whole wheat hot dog rolls combine with soya granules and vegetables to make healthy submarines that will disappear in a flash!
- Slit each roll horizontally and toast lightly in a pre-heated oven or on a tava (griddle) for about 5 minutes. Keep aside.
- Soak the soya granules in salted hot water for about 5 minutes. Drain and squeeze out all the water. Keep aside.
- Dissolve the corn flour in the milk and keep aside.
- Heat the butter in a non-stick pan, add the chilli flakes, boiled vegetables, salt and pepper and mix well.
- Add the soya granules, tomato ketchup, milk-corn flour mixture and mix again. Cook for about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Remove from the flame and keep aside.
- Stuff each roll with a little of the prepared filling.
- Sprinkle the grated cheese and grill in a pre-heated oven at 200°c (400°f) for 8 to 10 minutes or till the cheese melts.
- Serve hot.
Nutrient values per submarine
|Carbohydrates|| 36.2 gm|
|Fat|| 3.5 gm|
|Energy|| 209 cal|
|Zinc|| 1.1 mg|
|Iron|| 2.7 mg|
|Protein|| 7.7 gm|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.