Veggie Masala Pinwheels
by Anshu Agrawal
This recipe has been viewed 2690 times
A little twist of our daily puff pastry. Bite size pinwheels are very tasty and nutritious too as it is home made and contains lots of vegetables in it.
- First of all take out puff pastry sheet from the freezer and keep it aside so that it can come to room temperature or to a temperature in which it is easy to handle.
- Heat oil in a kadhai, add ginger-garlic paste and green chillies. Saute it for about a minute.
- Then add onion, mix well and saute for about a minute.
- Add carrot, beans and sweet corn, give a good stir.Now add salt,red chilli powder,coriander powder,pepper powder,cumin powder and garam masala. Mix well.
- Cook on medium heat till all the veggies are soft and tender. This takes around 5-7 minutes.
- Mash the boiled potatoes nicely and add to the veggie mixture. Mix very nicely.Then cook more for about 5-7 minutes. Now turn of the heat and let the mixture cool a little bit.
- When the puff pastry sheet has come down to room temperature, place it on a clean dry surface and sprinkle some wheat flour on the surface and roll it with the help rolling pin.
- Do not roll it very thin. Roll the sheet a little big and equally to form a rectangle so that you can get equal sized pinwheels.
- When the sheet is rolled properly brush it nicely with melted butter and spread all prepared veggie mixture evenly over it.
- Now start rolling the sheet from one end, roll it very carefully and slowly.
- Once rolled. pinch the ends with your finger tips using a little water to seal the edges.
- Now pick this roll carefully and place it on plate and keep it in freezer for 10 minutes. We do it so that the roll becomes little tight and it is easy to cut them and it also comes out more crispy and flaky.
- After 10 minutes take out the roll from the freezer and put it on clean dry surface. Sprinkle some flour on the surface so that roll does not stick to the surface.
- With a very sharp knife cut into 1/2 inch thick pinwheels. You will get about 20 pieces. If you want little thick pinwheels then cut it little thick but do not make it thin otherwise it will not look good.
- Then place it on a greased baking tray lined with parchment paper or aluminium foil. Arrange it nicely and the bake in a pre heated oven at 200°C (400°F) for about 20 minutes or till it is golden brown in color.
- Serve immediately with any sauce of your choice.
This recipe was contributed by Anshu Agrawal on 25 Jan 2017
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.