Vegetarian Philly Cheese Sandwich
by Tasty Tongues
Added to 8 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 7294 times
Traditionally this sandwich is made with meat(thinly sliced pieces of steak)and cheese stuffed in a long roll. In vegetarian version, mushrooms along with peppers and onions are added as a substitute for meat. Mushroom has that meaty taste so they go pretty well in this sandwich.
- Heat a tsp oil in a pan, add the mushrooms and saute till they turn golden brown.
- Remove them on a paper towel.
- Heat the remaining oil in the same pan, add the vegetables and and saute till they turn crisp.
- Add the jalapenos, salt and pepper and saute for more 1 minute.
- Divide the mixture into 4 equal parts and keep aside.
- Slit open the hot dogs without tearing them apart.
- Lightly toast them in oven for few minutes.
- Place the portions of the sauteed veggies on frying pan and keep cheese slices on each of them and let the cheese melt. Meanwhile spread some mayonnaise or ketchup on both the sides of toasted rolls.
- Pick up one part of veggies and cheese and arrange it on your roll.
- Repeat for the remaining rolls and serve.
This recipe was contributed by Tasty Tongues on 07 Jan 2012
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.