Vegetables in Spicy Coconut Gravy
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 96 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 8181 times
The moment you think of the term Coconut Gravy, you think of a gravy made of coconut milk or a paste of spices and coconut. This is a very different recipe, in which the gravy is made of coconut water and coconut meat, enhanced with a ginger-onion-green chilli paste.
The fabulous flavour and texture of the gravy makes it a perfect home for assorted veggies like juicy beans and sweet carrots. Enjoy the Vegetables in Spicy Coconut Gravy fresh and hot with rice .
- Combine the coconut water, coconut meat and cornflour in a mixer and blend till smooth. Keep aside.
- Combine the french beans, carrot , green peas and ½ cup of water in a microwave safe shallow dish and microwave on high for 4 minutes. Drain well and keep aside.
- Put the oil in a microwave safe bowl and microwave on high for 20 seconds. Add the cumin seeds and microwave on high for 1 minute.
- Add the prepared paste, mix well and microwave on high for 1 minute.
- Add the coconut water mixture, mix well and microwave on high for 2 minutes 30 seconds, while stirring twice in between.
- Add the boiled vegetables and salt, mix well and microwave on high for 2 minutes, while stirring once in between.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||189.9 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.2 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.5 mg|
|Vitamin B3||5.6 mg|
|Vitamin C||5.8 mg|
|Folic Acid||17.3 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.