Vegetables In Coconut Gravy
Added to 2 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 8194 times
Pamper yourself with this Vegetables in coconut gravy recipe, prepared with a delectable South Indian touch of taste and aromas.
- In 1 tsp oil fry the 3 tbsp of coconut for 2-3mts and keep aside
- In 1tsp of oil fry half of the chopped onions for 2-3mts and keep aside
- Take another 1 tsp of oil and roast the following ingredients for approximately 30seconds(red chillies,dhania,mustard,methi seeds,jeera,cinnamon stick,pepper corns and cloves)and keep aside
- Grind the coconut,onion and roasted ingredients in step 3 along with haldi,chilli powder and tamarind to a fine paste adding approximately 125ml of water.
- Heat remaining oil in a kadai and fry the chopped ginger and garlic for couple of minutes and ensure they dont get burnt.
- Add the balance chopped onion and fry until raw smell goes.
- Add salt since it helps onions get cooked faster.
- Once the onions are done add the ground paste and fry for approx 2-3mts.
- Add little water(1/2 cup)and add the potatoes and carrots(since these take longer time to cook)and let it cook for 5-6mts.
- Then add the balance vegetables(cauliflower, beans, peas),tofu/paneer and the coconut milk and cook for another 10mts till all the vegetables are cooked.
- Add some more water(125ml)if required and cook till the gravy has the required consistency.
- Once add garnish with coriander leaves.
This recipe was contributed by sukbala on 23 Jan 2003
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.