Vegetable pesto cigars
Added to 1 cookbook
This recipe has been viewed 3909 times
Can make this in advance & reheat at the time of serving.
be innovative by using brown bread or some other type of bread.
Add your private note
Vegetable pesto cigars recipe - How to make Vegetable pesto cigars
Cooking Time: Total Time:
8 bread slice-crust removed
butter to grease
2tbsp grated cheese
For the Filling:
1cup mixed boiled vegetables-finley chopped (carrot,babycorn,beans,cauliflower)
1 medium potato-boiled
1 onion chopped
1 green chilly chopped
1/2tsp red chilly powder
2tbsp white sauce
1tbsp butter salt to taste
For the pesto:
1/4cup roasted walnut
2cups chopped basil
2tbsp oilve oil
2tbsp cheese salt to taste
- 1.heat butter in a pan.add the onion & saute.
- 2.add the green chilly and fry.
- 3.mash the potato and add to the pan.add the rest of the ingredients & cook for 2 mins.
- For the pesto:
- 1.grind all the ingredients using more olive oil if required.
- To proceed:
- 1.steam one bread at a time.
- 2.take out & roll a little.apply a bit of the pesto .keep a little of the filling & some cheese at one end and roll it up like a cigar.
- 3.repeat with remaining bread slices.
- 4.arrange the cigars on a plate ,apply butter on top & bake at 200 degree celcius for 6-8 mins or till light brown in colour.
- 5.serve with ketchup or hot garlic sauce.
This recipe was contributed by juneshweta on 08 Aug 2005
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.