Vegetable fried rice
Added to 3 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 4978 times
Your mixed vegetable fried rice is ready to serve. enjoy
- Soak rice for 1 hr & half cook with salt, garlic flakes (about 6 flakes slit & 3-4 green chilies slit) & 1/2 tspn butter & a little oil. drain & keep aside closed.
- Cut all vegetables into small cubes & fry one by one i.e all vegetables separately in a little oil & butter adding a pinch of table salt & chinese salt, fry until half cooked.
- Keep all fried & cooked vegetable in separate bowls aside. (you can add sugar while frying the vegetables to retain colour, but beware of the sweetness.)
- Fry about 5-6 flakes of garlic finely chopped in a little oil & when golden brown add soya sauce - about 5-6 tblspn to the garlic & just bring to a boil. take off from fire.
- Now in a big bowl, apply butter to inside of the vessel & put a layer of rice, cooked vegetable, & the garlic-soya sauce until all the items are over....with rice on the last layer.
- Cover with a tight lid & slowly dum the vegetable rice for about 5 minutes on high flame.
- Sprinkle pepper powder on top & steam for another minute. take from fire & mix all the ingredients well & place on fire once again with the lid on for another minute. take from fire & let it cool.
- In mico-oven, after layering the rice & veges, spinkle pepper powder & heat for about 7-8 minutes.
This recipe was contributed by Foodie#401559 on 22 Feb 2008
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.