5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 29 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 47372 times
The vegetable rawa upma is a delectable upma recipe with rawa or semolina as ingredient. The rawa or suji are roasted and cooked with onion, mustard seeds, curry leaves, lime juice and chopped coriander leaves. An excellent breakfast item, vegetable rawa upma is easy, delicious and even healthy.
- Heat the oil and butter in a pan.
- Add cashews first and fry till light brown. Then add the mustard seed and urad dal, let it splutter add curry leaves, chilies and onions. Fry well till the onions leave oil.
- Add precooked vegetables and fry again for 2 mts, then add tomatoes, powdered cloves and cinnamon with garam masala. Boil water in a separate pan.
- Add the boiling water to this fried ingredients add salt, mix well for 1 min.
- Add rava slowly and stir well, with out forming lumps.
- Once its done add coriander leaves and lime juice.
- Serve with mango pickle or coconut chutney.
This recipe was contributed by jyothiv on 14 May 2012
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.