Vegetable, Tomato and Lentil Soup
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 92 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 27708 times
Nothing short of a meal in a bowl, the Vegetable, Tomato and Lentil Soup is bursting with the flavours of the many veggies it contains. Chopped tomatoes and a dash of ketchup give it a delectable tanginess, while lentils give it a luscious and satiating consistency and mouth-feel.
We have added cooked macaroni to this soup, not just to enhance the range of textures in it, but also to make it more satiating. You will find this to be a wholesome snack, which can also be enjoyed as a light meal on some days. Serve Cheesy Garlic Pull Apart French Bread .
- Combine the yellow moong dal, roughly chopped onions, tomatoes and 2 cups of water in a pressure cooker, mix well and pressure cook for 3 whistles.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid.
- Cool and blend in a mixer till smooth. Keep aside.
- Heat the butter in a deep non-stick pan, add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Add the carrot and french beans and sauté on a medium flame for 3 minutes.
- Add the yellow moong dal-tomato mixture, macaroni, green peas, tomato ketchup, chilli powder, salt and pepper, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 3 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||328 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.4 mg|
|Vitamin C||17.6 mg|
|Folic Acid||20.3 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.