Vegetable Tava Burger
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 10 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 11771 times
The vegetable tava burger is a sumptuous snack, which can double up as a wholesome meal too! mixed vegetable patties, cooked to a crisp in a non-stick tava using little oil, are used instead of deep-fried potato patties. A refreshing coleslaw salad and slices of fresh veggies like cucumber, tomatoes and lettuce, make the burger all the more nutritious, crisp and tasty too.
- Dip the bread slices in water for a few seconds. Squeeze out the water and crumble the bread.
- Mix the vegetables, potatoes, crumbled bread, ginger-green chilli paste, lemon juice, garam masala and salt and divide the mixture into 6 equal portions.
- Shape into small flattened rounds and cook on a non-stick tava (griddle), using a little oil till both sides are brown in colour.
- Cut each bun horizontally into two and toast them lightly in an oven or on a tava (griddle).
- Spread a little tomato ketchup on the lower half.
- Place 2 lettuce leaf on each bun and top with some coleslaw.
- Place a cutlet on top and then 1 onion slice, 2 cucumber slices, 2 tomato slices and 1 cheese slice.
- Spread 1 tbsp mayonnaise on top and then cover with the remaining half of the bun.
- Repeat with the remaining ingredients to make 5 more burgers.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values per burger
|Vitamin A||1219.8 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.3 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.2 mg|
|Vitamin B3||2.1 mg|
|Vitamin C||72.2 mg|
|Folic Acid||65 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.