Vegetable Stew ( Pregnancy Cookbook )
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 85 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 9082 times
This nourishing aromatic broth is good for those days when you feel least inclined to cook up a whole meal. Try this when your appetite is better in second and third trimesters. This make a great one dish meal when served with hot dinner rolls or steamed rice. Packed with fibre, protein and iron, this dish is one your family will also love.
- Heat the butter and sauté the onion slices till they are lightly browned.
- Add the peppercorns, clove and cinnamon.
- Add the garlic, celery, mushrooms, carrots and capsicum and sauté till they are lightly browned in colour and all the liquid has evaporated.
- Add the flour and cook for another 4 to 5 minutes till the flour is light brown in colour.
- Add 1½ cups of water and bring to a boil, stirring continuously so that no lumps remain.
- Allow to simmer for 5 to 7 minutes adding a little more water if required.
- Add the fresh cream and serve hot with bread rolls or plain rice.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.