Vegetable Spring Roll By rubi
Added to 3 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 6187 times
Enjoy the Chinese cuisine inspired, Vegetable Spring rolls recipe, prepared with a mix of vegetables which are cooked in a traditional sweet and sour sauce and filled in the rolls. Find crispy chicken spring roll recipe and many more snack recipe, starter recipe at tarladalal.com.
- Sift salt and flour. add milk gradually, beating well to make a smooth thin batter for the pancakes.
- Add soda-bi-carbonate and mix well.
- Heat a non stick pan. pour a little batter on it and tilt the pan so that batter spreads evenly.
- Remove when the under side is cooked. do not cook the other side.
- Make the remaining pancake in the same way and keep it in a napkin one on top of the other.
- Cut the vegetables(except beansprouts) into thin long stripes.
- Heat the oil in a kadhai. add onions, sprouts and vegetables and stir fry for 5 minutes.
- Add ajinomoto, salt, pepper and sugar and fry for further 3 minutes.
- Add soya sauce and mix well.
- Take the pancake and place little filling on the cooked side, at one end which is nearest to you.
- Fold the left side and then the right side. holding the sides, roll upwards. seal the edges with cornflour paste, made by dissolving 1 tsp. of cornflour in 1 tsp. of water.
- Heat some oil in a pan and shallow fry the rolls on all sides till golden brown.
- Drain on a paper napkin and cut diagonally into 1 inches pieces.
- Serve hot with chili-garlic sauce.
This recipe was contributed by rubi on 22 Oct 2000
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.