Vegetable Shikampuri Kebab Roll ( Wraps and Rolls)
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 64 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 39353 times
An exquisite vegetarian variant of the famous hyderabadi shikampuri kebabs, these have been prepared with a fine blend of mashed vegetables, khoya and aromatic spices. Enticingly topped with makhani gravy, this kebab roll will make you feel like royalty.
Add your private note
Vegetable Shikampuri Kebab Roll ( Wraps and Rolls) recipe - How to make Vegetable Shikampuri Kebab Roll ( Wraps and Rolls)
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Total Time:
Makes 4 rolls
- Heat 1 tbsp of ghee in a broad pan add the onions and saute till they turn dark brown in colour. Remove and keep aside.
- Heat the remaining 1 tbsp of ghee in the same pan and add the caraway seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the ginger, green chillies, turmeric powder, chilli powder, mixed vegetables, potatoes and salt and mix well. Mash lightly using the back of a spoon and sauté for 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Add the mint leaves and coriander and sauté on a medium flame for another minute. Keep aside to cool.
- Add the paneer, mava, breadcrumbs, browned onions, pepper and cardamom powder and mix well.
- Divide the mixture into 8 equal portions and shape each portion into a 50 mm (2”) oval flat kebab. Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and cook each kebab using ½ tsp of oil till they are golden brown in colour from all the sides.
- Drain on absorbent paper and keep aside.
- Combine the onions, tomatoes and chaat masala in a bowl, mix well and keep aside.
- Place a roti on a clean dry surface and place 2 tikkis in a single row in the centre of the roti.
- Arrange ¼th of the onion-tomato mixture over the tikkis.
- Finally spread 2 tbsp of the makhani gravy over it and roll it up tightly.
- Repeat with the remaining ingredients to make 3 more rolls.
- Wrap a tissue paper around each roll and serve immediately.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.