by Fond of food
Added to 6 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 9126 times
Vegetable Seviya, vermicelli tossed in spices and mixed vegetable. Best to serve for breakfast or at evening time snacks.
- Boil enough of water in a deep pan, add little salt and 2 tsp oil and mix well.
- Remove from the flame and add the vermicelli close the pan with the lid for 5 minutes, as it should not be raw or not over cooked.
- Remove the lid and drain of the excess hot water, add the cold water and again drain the excess water and keep aside.
- Heat the remaining oil in a non-stick pan or kadhai, add the mustard seeds.
- When the seeds crackle add the cumin seeds and onions, mix well and cook till the onions turn to brown in colour.
- Add the green chillies, boiled vegetable, all dry masala and salt mix well and cook on medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Add the tomato puree and boiled vermicelli, mix well and cook on medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Add the lemon juice and coriander and mix well, cook more for a minute.
- Serve hot.
This recipe was contributed by Fond of food on 03 May 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.