Added to 2 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 3838 times
Vegetable Seekh is a vegetarian version of the popular mutton seekh kebab recipe. Here the vegetables are boiled, mixed together with spice powders and ginger garlic paste among other ingredients and then rolled on a skewers in such a way that it sticks to the rod. The vegetable seekh is then grilled in oven till done and brown. Enjoy as starter with mint chutney and onion rings.
Add your private note
Vegetable Seekh recipe - How to make Vegetable Seekh
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Total Time:
- Boil, cool, peel and mash potato. boil and mash carrot.
- Boil and mash green peas. grate paneer.
- Peel, wash and grind ginger to a paste.
- Remove stems, wash and chop green chillies. clean, wash and chopped coriander leaves.
- Take potato, carrot, peas, paneer, ginger paste, amchur, chaat masala, red chilli powder, green chillies, coriander leaves, mango chutney (or jam), butter, roasted chana powder and salt to taste in a bowl.
- Mix well using your hands.
- Divide into sixteen equal portions.
- Take each portion and spread it around a skewer in a cylindrical shape.
- Heat a tawa, add a little oil on it and place the skewers on it. cook, rotating the skewers from time to time so that the kabab gets cooked evenly from all sides, to a golden brown.
- Serve hot with chutney of your choice.
This recipe was contributed by tiwari_anuja on 29 Nov 2001
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.