Vegetable Rice Shavige
by Radha Hoizal
This recipe has been viewed 6382 times
Vegetable Rice Shavige, in this recipe rice noodles are tossed in spices and mixed boiled vegetables.
- Heat the oil in a small pan, add all the ingredients and saute for 2 minutes.
- Remove from the flame and allow to cool, grind the mixture into a coarse powder.
- Boil a vessel full of water, remove from flame add 2 drops of oil and the rice noodles.
- Close with a lid and keep for 2-3 minutes.
- Remove the lid and sieve the extra water and pour 1 glass of cold water on the cooked noodles.
- This will give you each strand of the noodles separated and the noodles will not stick to each other. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a kadhai, add the mustard seeds,after they crack add the jeera, hing, green chillies, curry leaves and the boiled vegetables, mix well and saute for 2 minutes.
- Add the sugar, salt and 3 tsp of the prepared masala powder, mix well and saute for 2 minutes on medium flame. Add the noodles and lemon juice, mix well and cook for 2 minutes.
- Serve hot garnished with coconut and coriander.
This recipe was contributed by Radha Hoizal on 03 May 2011Me an avid vegetarian.Born in Gujarath(Ahmedabad)to an orthodox kannada brahmin couple.Now settled i...
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.