Added to 7 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 6557 times
Sneak in healthy vegetables like carrots, beans and peas with this mouthwatering Vegetable rice recipe. The whole spices flavour the rice and the vegetables add taste and crunchiness to this rice recipe.
- Pick and wash rice in plenty of water and then soak for about half an hour. drain well.
- Boil rice in salted boiling water until completely cooked. drain and keep warm.
- Wash, peel and cut carrots into ½ cm. cubes. wash lemon grass stalk.
- Separate cauliflower into small florets and wash them. soak them in warm salted water and keep aside.
- Cut cabbage into ½ cm. chunks. clean, wash and trim spinach leaves.
- Dissolve cornflour in ½ cup water.
- Take three cups of water in a pan, add lemon grass, star anise and carrots and bring it to a boil. continue to cook in boiling water for three minutes, reduce heat and add green peas and cauliflower florets.
- Simmer till green peas and carrots are just done. stir in cabbage and spinach leaves. season with salt and crushed peppercorn.
- Add soya sauce, bring it to a boil and stir in cornflour paste while stirring continuously.
- Simmer for half a minute.
- Arrange rice in a large service bowl and pour cooked vegetables over the rice and sprinkle sesame oil on top.
- Serve immediately.
This recipe was contributed by pratishthas on 05 Apr 2004
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.