This recipe has been viewed 8459 times
Proteins : 14.0 gms carbohydrates : 56.4 gms
fats : 15.4 gms calories per serving : 415 kcals
- Sieve the flour with salt and make a well in the center.
- dissolve yeast in lukewarm water along with some sugar and pour into the well. mix.
- Make a soft dough using as much water as required.
- Rest the dough for an hour at room temperature.
- Knock back the dough and add olive oil.
- Knead lightly and divide into four equal portions.
- Cover with a damp cloth and keep aside at room temperature till it rises to double its size.
- To make the sauce heat some olive oil in a pan and add chopped onions and garlic and saute.
- Add fresh basil, chopped tomatoes and cook for some time.
- Add tomato puree and mix. add oregano, salt, white pepper powder and sugar and stir.
- Roll out the dough balls to one cm thickness.
- If you want the base to be crisper you can roll it a little thinner.
- Preheat the oven to 200° c.
- Place the rolled out pizza on a baking tray, spread the tomato sauce over. spread a thin layer of cheese. arrange the pepper juliennes and sprinkle some salt and white pepper powder.
- Again spread a layer of cheese. drizzle some extra virgin olive oil and oregano.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about twenty five minutes.
- Brush the pizza with olive oil after removing from the oven. cut into wedges using a pastry cutter and serve hot.
This recipe was contributed by kvinita on 18 Oct 2000
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.