Added to 8 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 15294 times
A pleasing Vegetable pie recipe with an assortment of mixed vegetables cheese and herbs. An easy pie recipe which is sure to tempt all with its appealing looks, great taste and high health benefits.
- Wash n peel n dice carrots into small cubes.
- Wash n string beans and cut them finely.
- Peel n chop onions finely.
- Chop tomatoes finely.
- Heat oil in a pan and add jeera.
- Add finely chopped onions and saute until light brown.
- Add haldi pwd, chilli pwd, dhania pwd and saute for a min.
- Add chopped tomatoes and saute till oil seperates.
- Now add carrots and beans and saute until cooked.
- Add green peas and corn. mix well.
- Add salt to taste and worcestershire sauce.
- Add chopped corainder and mix well and leave aside.
- Boil and pel and mash potatoes and add salt, butter, pepper and grated cheese and mix well.
- Leave aside to cool.
- Butter the slices of bread evenly and cut them into 3 horizotal and 3 vertical strips so as to make 9 square pieces from one slice of bread.
- Now take a rectangle baking tray and spread the vegetable layer.
- Sprinkle grated cheese on it evenly.
- Now make a large ball of mashed potato and flatten it between the two palms of your hand and spread it evenly on the cheese layer.
- Repeat until all the cheese is evenly coated with potato.
- Arrange the sliced bread with buttered side on top, so as to cover the entire potato layer.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 150 c for 10 min. or until the bread turns light brown.
- Serve hot with maggi tomato ketchup.
This recipe was contributed by ffr on 07 Apr 2003
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.