Vegetable Penne ( Exotic Diabetic Recipe )
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 92 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 27071 times
An Italian meal is incomplete without pasta – and here is a luscious pasta recipe with loads of vegetables, whipped up especially for diabetics. Usually, pasta is high in calories as it is made using a generous quantity of cheese, but the health-conscious need not worry any more, as pasta can be made low calorie by using a moderate amount of mozzarella cheese and less oil.
It can be made healthier too by using whole wheat pasta if it is easily available, however do not fret if it isn’t – this recipe is fine by itself if had in moderate amounts occasionally.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan, add the spring onion whites and garlic and sauté for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add the broccoli, baby corn, capsicum, zucchini,corn, salt and pepper, toss well and sauté for another 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the penne and toss gently.
- Serve hot garnished with cheese.
- This recipe has been developed only to satisfy the occasionally craving of a diabetic for exotic dishes as it contains certain ingredients which need to be used restrictively. Hence this does not qualify as a regular everyday meal.
- It is highly recommended that this recipe be relished by diabetics only occasionally and in small quantities. This is just a mere ‘treat’ and does not qualify for a regular diabetic menu.
|Energy|| 165 calories|
|Protein|| 6.0 gm|
|Carbohydrates|| 26.9 gm|
|Fat|| 4.6 gm|
|Calcium|| 60.5 mg|
|Iron|| 1.3 mg|
|Folic acid|| 2.3 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.