Vegetable Pastry Puffs
Added to 25 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 90887 times
Vegetable Pastry Puffs makes for an a excellent crispy and crunchy vegetable filled puff recipe. Find an easy way of preparing the best puffs with this vegetable pastry puff recipe.
- Cut boiled potatoes into small pieces
- Chop onions finely
- Grind garlic, chilies, and ginger together
- Heat 1tbsp of oil; add cumin seeds, kadi patta
- Next, add the ground mixture of garlic, ginger and chilies
- Sauté for a few minutes
- Then add onions and sauté till onions are brownish in color
- Then add green peas, chopped potatoes, garam masala, salt & sugar (if required), lime juice.
- Mix well
- Cover and let cook for a few minutes.
- When you smell fresh aroma of spicy appetizers your filling is ready.
- For the puffs:
- Please defrost the packet of pastry sheets at least 1 hour before making the sheets.
- Cut each sheet into 3 rectangular pieces…hence from a total of 6 single sheets you will get 18 rectangular pieces.
- As your filling cools down, you can prepare your baking dish. cover your dishes with aluminum foil and spray with non fat cooking spray (corn) or slightly grease it.
- To prepare the puffs: take each rectangular piece and add a spoon of the mixture in the center…fold in a triangular shape properly sealing all the edges.
- Do the same for all of the 18 pieces…place them on the backing dishes leaving some space between 2 pieces.
- Pre-heat oven for 5 minutes at 450 degree f and place the trays till the puffs are brown and crispy.
- Be careful they don’t burn…
- Don''t forget to defrost the sheets at least 1 hour before cooking.
This recipe was contributed by dtanna on 04 Oct 2001
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.