Vegetable Parathas ( Baby and Toddler )
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
- हिन्दी में पढ़ें (Vegetable Parathas ( Baby and Toddler ) in Hindi)
Added to 120 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 84239 times
Not all children eat vegetables easily, and moms are always at a loss of ways to hide this nutritious food group into the child’s meals!
Vegetable Parathas are a delicious way to do this. Your baby will enjoy the mild, soothing flavour derived from apt spice powders, and the easily chewable texture, thanks to the addition of curds.
Carrot and fenugreek leaves make this dish rich in vitamin A, which is extremely important for healthy vision. Serve these yummy parathas for breakfast, at the start of your baby’s busy day, or during lunch time when she takes a break from ‘play’.
- Combine all the ingredients in a deep bowl, mix well and knead into a soft dough using enough water.
- Divide the dough into 6 equal portions and roll each portion into a 75 mm. (3") diameter circle using a little whole wheat flour for rolling.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and cook each paratha, using ½ tsp of ghee, till golden brown spots appear on both the sides.
- Serve lukewarm with fresh curds.
Vegetable Parathas (Baby and Toddler) Video of Tarla Dalal
Nutrient values per paratha
|Energy|| 60 kcal|
|Protein|| 1.3 gm|
|Carbohydrate|| 6.8 gm|
|Fat|| 3.0 gm|
|Vitamin A|| 79.5 mcg|
|Calcium|| 18.6 mg|
|Iron|| 0.5 mg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.