Vegetable Pancakes By aparna31
Added to 15 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 4387 times
Replace the typical calorie dense evening snack items with this healthy and crispy Vegetable pancakes . A tasty and quick pancake recipe with added vegetables ,the pancake is a healthy choice for children.
- Mix the vegetables, coriander, coconut, onions, chilles, cumin seeds, &salt with the rice flour.
- Now gradually add water mixing all the ingredients together so as to form a soft dough. the consistency of the dough should be slightly softer than the regular atta that we knead for rotis.
- Divide the dough into 6 parts.
- Slightly oil a kadai so as to coat the whole inner surface.
- Take a dough mixture & place it in the center of the kadai,&with the help of your fingers start spreading it in the kadai.
- Take care that you don’t press it too much on to the surface.
- You should be able to get a thin layer of the dough inside the kadai.
- Place the kadai on a medium flame & cover it with a fitting lid.
- Let it cook for 5-7 min till the upper part is done. 9.now reduce the flame & with the help of a spatula release the pancake from all the sides & remove it on to a serving plate.
- Serve hot with green chutney.
- Another method of preparing this pancake is by spreading the dough on a banana leaf.
- Slightly oil the cleaned banana leaf
- Spread the dough on it with the help of your fingers.
- Place a tava on med heat. 4.drop a tsp of oil in it.
- Now place the banana leaf on the tava so that the dough mixture is on the tava.
- After 2-3 min, when the pancake is slightly done, peel the banana leaf from the mixture & let the pancake be well done on both sides.
- By either method you will have a crisp pancake ready to be served hot.
This recipe was contributed by aparna31 on 25 Jul 2004
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.