Vegetable Manchurian By nilima9
This recipe has been viewed 3205 times
Vegetable Manchurian is a deep fried vegetable balls recipe which has been simmered in a sweet and sour Chinese sauce and then served hot garnished with chopped coriander and slit chillies.
- Boil finely chopped minced vegetables and bind with some corn flour or bread crumbs and make small lumps the size of a ping pong ball.
- Make thin batter out of flour and 2 tbsp corn flour, adding 1/4 tsp each of ginger and garlic and red chili powder and salt to taste.
- Dip the vegetable balls in the batter one by one and deep fry in hot oil. keep aside.
- In the remaining oil, add remaining ginger, garlic and crushed red chili and fry for a minute.
- Add the salt and spring onions. stir-fry for a minute. add 1 1/2 cups water and bring to a boil.
- Add 1 tbsp corn flour to 1/4 cup water and dissolve well. gradually add to the gravy and stir continuously till it resumes boiling. boil till the gravy becomes transparent.
- Add vegetable balls and soya sauce. boil for two more minutes and remove from heat. serve hot with noodles or rice.
This recipe was contributed by nilima9 on 10 Jul 2001
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.