Vegetable Maggi ( Tiffin Treats)
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 23 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 59273 times
Maggi is a huge hit with kids. They just love to stash the long, chewy noodles into their mouth, sucking it in with a fun, whooshing sound.
By adding loads of colourful and crunchy veggies to it, you can turn their favourite treat into a satiating tiffin. Here, we have sautéed the veggies and the Maggi masala first, to enhance the flavour.
Plus, the little oil used to sauté the veggies also keeps the noodles from clumping up when cooled. If you take care to cool the Vegetable Maggi completely before packing in a tiffin box, it stays fresh for around five hours.
Do try other recipe with maggi like Maggi Bhel Maggi and Baked Beans On Crackers , Herbed Maggi Fritters , Vegetable Maggi Cutlets and Open Cheese and Herb Maggi Sandwich .
Enjoy how to make Vegetable Maggi recipe with detailed step by step photos and video below.
- To make vegetable maggi , heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan, add the mixed vegetables and salt and sauté on a medium flame for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the maggi masala and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the 1 ¾ cups of water and bring to a boil on a medium flame for approx. 2 minutes.
- Add the maggi noodles, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 5 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Cool the vegetable maggi completely. Once cooled pack in a tiffin box.
Vegetable Maggi Video ( Tiffin Treats)
Vegetable Maggi ( Tiffin Treats) recipe with step by step photos
For the vegetable maggi, heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan. This is to first saute the vegetables so that they get a nice flavor before the maggi is added.
- Add the mixed vegetables to the hot oil. We have used french beans, carrots and green beans but you can use any combination of vegetables you like, for example you can add capsicum and tomatoes as well.
- Add the salt, mix well and sauté the vegetables on a medium flame for 3 to 4 minutes. The vegetables have to be sautéed for this much time as they have not been boiled.
- Now add the maggi masala that comes with the pack.
- Saute this with the vegetables as well for 1 minute so that the veggies get coated well in the masala.
- Add approximately 1 3/4 cup of water to the pan, mix well and bring it to a boil for 2 minutes. While the water is boiling, the vegetables are getting cooked as well.
- Once the water is rapidly boiling, add the maggi noodles.
- Mix well and cook the noodles on a medium flame for 5 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
Once the water has evaporated, switch off the flame and serve Vegetable Maggi immediately or cool completely in pack in a tiffin box. For something more innovative, you can try making Vegetable Maggi Cutlets as well.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||204.5 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.2 mg|
|Vitamin C||6.7 mg|
|Folic Acid||4.8 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.