Vegetable Lasagne, Vegetable Lasagne
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 117 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 57918 times
This elaborate Vegetable Lasagne is a gourmet’s treat, and will surely boost your reputation as a culinary expert!
Although it requires quite a few components, ranging from a tangy tomato sauce and a creamy vegetable mix to a mouth-watering assortment of roasted vegetables, it is actually easy to make and assemble.
Lasagna sheets are readily available in the market, and you just need to cook them for a few minutes. Once you prepare the sauce and vegetable mix, you are ready to assemble them together, and bake the arrangement with a generous topping of cheese and herbs.
Let it bake till the cheese melts and browns, and you can feel the herby aroma filling the air! Enjoy your yummy Vegetable Lasagne hot and fresh.
You can also try other baked dishes like Baked Canneloni with Pomodoro Sauce and Garlic Spaghetti Bake .
- Heat the olive oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the garlic and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the tomato pulp, oregano, chilli flakes, tomato ketchup, chilli powder and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 5 to 6 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the sugar, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute, while stirring occasionally. Keep aside.
- Combine enough water, oil and salt in a broad non-stick pan, mix well and allow the water to boil.
- Once the water starts boiling, add 2 lasagne sheets and cook on a medium flame for 5 to 7 minutes, taking care they do not stick to each other.
- Drain and remove it on a plate. Keep aside.
- Repeat steps 2 and 3 to cook the remaining 2 lasagne sheets.
- Heat the olive oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the garlic and chilli flakes and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the coloured capsicum, baby corn, broccoli, zucchini and salt and sauté on a medium flame for 3 to 4 minutes, while tossing occasionally. Keep aside.
- Combine the milk and plain flour in a deep bowl and whisk well till no lumps remain. Keep aside.
- Heat the butter in a broad non-stick pan, add the garlic paste and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the coloured capsicum and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the baby corn, broccoli and salt and sauté on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the milk-plain flour mixture, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add little salt and pepper powder, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute, while stirring continuously.
- Divide the creamy vegetables into 2 equal portions and keep aside.
- Spread ¼ cup of prepared tomato sauce evenly in a baking dish.
- Place 2 cooked lasagne sheets evenly over it and press it lightly.
- Spread a portion of the creamy vegetables and 5 tbsp of the prepared tomato sauce evenly over it.
- Top it with the roasted vegetables and spread it evenly.
- Sprinkle ¼ mozzarella cheese and ¼ cup of processed cheese evenly over it.
- Place the remaining 2 cooked lasagna sheets and spread the remaining portion of the creamy vegetables evenly over it.
- Spread the remaining 5 tbsp of tomato sauce and again sprinkle ¼ mozzarella cheese and ¼ cup of processed cheese evenly over it.
- Finally, sprinkle mixed herbs evenly over it and bake in a pre-heated oven at 200°c (400°f) for 15 to 20 minutes, or till the cheese melts and it turns light brown in colour from the top.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||941.6 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.3 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.2 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.7 mg|
|Vitamin C||81.6 mg|
|Folic Acid||45.4 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.