Added to 54 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 107807 times
Vegetable Lasagne is an Italian staple. It is vegetable mixed with sauce and layered in between of the lasagne sheets. If you want, you can add other vegetables as well such as brocolli, mushrooms, eggplants etc. And to make it healthier you can also use whole wheat lasagne sheets. Tastes great with garlic bread.
- In a deep broad pan add enough of water, pinch of salt and 1/2 tsp olive oil and bring the water to boil, add the lasagne sheets and cook it till done.
- Immediately strain them and refresh with cold water, separate the sheets and spread them so that they do not stick to each other. Keep aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a kadhai, add the garlic and onions and saute till the onions turn transparent.
- Add the carrots, capsicum and babycorns, mix well and cook for 2 minutes on a medium flame.
- Add the beans, basil, parseley, tomato paste, tomato puree, salt, pepper, oregano and chilli flakes and simmer for 5-8 minutes or till the oil starts seperating.
- Remove from the flame and keep aside.
- Heat the butter in a kadhai, add the garlic and saute for 1 minute and add the onions and cook till onions turn transparent.
- Add the carrots and babycorn and saute for 2 minutes.
- Add the capsicum, beans, basil, parsley and cook for 2 minutes on slow flame.
- Add the flour, oregano and chilli flakes and stir till the aroma starts to release.
- Gradually add the warm milk, taking care that no lumps are formed. Stirring continuously.
- Add salt and pepper and let the sauce thicken. Add the palak, mix well and remove from the flame. Keep aside.
- Assemble the lasagne, in a big borosil dish, arrange 2 sheets of lasagne side by side. The base should be fully covered but try not to overlap the pasta.
- Spread the 1/3rd portion of tomato concasse on it. Spread some crumbled paneer over the concasse.
- Arrange 2 sheets of lasagne on top of the tomato concasse. Spread some white sauce over it.
- Repeat steps 1,2 and 3 till all the sheets and both the sauces are finished.
- The top should be the tomato concasse. Spread the remaining paneer and sprinkle grated cheese.
- Bake the lasagne at 150 degrees for 15 minutes or till the cheese on top melts and starts turning brown.
- Serve hot
This recipe was contributed by ChefOfTheFuture on 31 Jan 2011I am the future chef.....training to be a proffessional chef......i love cooking and baking....i bel...
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.