Added to 5 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 7848 times
Vegetable idli is a nutritious variation to the South Indian staple idlis (steamed rice-lentil dumplings). The idlis batter is mixed with chopped vegetables and grated coconut and steamed to create soft, fluffy, healthy vegetable idlis.
- Soak uraddal and rice for 4 hrs and grind it into fine batter,add 1tsp salt and allow the batter to ferment for 12-15 hrs.
- In a kadai,add 3tsp of oil,add mustard allow it to splutter,then add channa dal,cashews,g.chilles,ginger,curry leaves,fry for a min.
- The add onions,saute,add peas and grated carrots and saute for 5-10 mins.
- Add this to idli batter.
- Grease the idli tray with oil and add this batter.
- Heat water in cooker and keep the idli tray and steam it for 15 +min
- Serve hot with coconut chutney.
This recipe was contributed by BASKARMA on 08 Nov 2002
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.