by Tarla Dalal
3/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 10 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 12474 times
Serve desi dalia in an international style with vegetables and cheese, and your kids are sure to fall head over heels in love with it!
Pour the prepared mixture into moulds of desired shapes and sizes, for interesting visual appeal
- Combine the broken wheat, ½ cup of milk and ½ cup of water in a non-stick pan and cook on a slow flame while stirring continuously till the broken wheat gets cooked. Remove and keep aside.
- Heat the butter in the same pan, add the onions, ginger-garlic paste and sauté till the onions turn translucent.
- Add the mixed vegetables and sauté for 2 more minutes.
- Add the broken wheat mixture, remaining ½ cup milk and cook on a medium flame till the liquid evaporates, while stirring continuously.
- Add the cheese, salt and pepper and mix well. Cook for another 2 minutes or till the cheese melts.
- Remove from the flame and keep aside to cool.
- When cool, divide the mixture into 4 equal portions and put each portion into a square shape cookie moulds and press it firmly. Unmould and keep aside.
- Just before serving, make a roof using wafer biscuits, door using carrots and windows using french beans as shown in the picture. Serve immediately.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.