Vegetable Hong Kong Style ( Easy Chinese Cooking )
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 205 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 49622 times
On first look this recipe might seem to be no different from other Oriental recipes, due to the combination of vegetables and sauces.
However, it turns out to be quite unique because of the texture and consistency brought about by the combination of ingredients, the method and order of cooking them, and especially the addition of vegetable stock.
Indeed, the Vegetable Hong Kong Style is a delectable and wholesome fare, which you are sure to enjoy.
Other must-try Chinese vegetables in our collection include the Broccoli, Mushroom and Tofu in Schezuan Sauce , Saiwoo Vegetables , Kung Pao Vegetables and Brinjal and Bok Choy in Blackbean Sauce .
- Combine the cornflour and vegetable stock in a deep bowl , mix well and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan or a wok, add the ginger, garlic, dry red chillies, capsicum and sauté on medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the mixed vegetables and cauliflower florets and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Add the soya sauce, vinegar, chilli sauce, sugar, salt and pepper, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the vegetable stock-cornflour mixture, mix well and cook on medium flame for 3 to 4 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.