Vegetable Handva ( Microwave Recipe)
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 40 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 31664 times
This easy handva can be served in just a few minutes. While the bottle gourd and curds, add health and taste to convenience.
- Grease a 125 mm. (5”) diameter microwave safe dish using ¼ tsp oil and keep aside.
- Combine the idli batter, curds, bottle gourd, turmeric powder, chilli powder, coriander-cumin seeds powder, ginger-garlic paste, green chilli paste, sugar and salt in a bowl, mix well and keep aside.
- Just before serving, add the fruit salt to the batter and sprinkle 1 tsp of water over it.
- When the bubbles form, mix gently.
- Pour the batter into a gresed dish and tilt it clockwise to spread the batter evenly. Keep aside.
- Combine the remaining 4 tsp of oil, mustard seeds, cumin seeds, sesame seeds, carom seeds and asafoetida in a microwave safe bowl and microwave on HIGH for 2 minutes.
- Pour this tempering evenly over the handva and microwave on HIGH for 4 minutes.
- Cut into pieces and serve immediately with green chutney.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.