Vegetable Fried Rice ( Jain )
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 306 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 250951 times
All-time favourite Vegetable Fried Rice in a Jain-friendly version, made without onions, garlic and other no-no ingredients. You will find that this delicacy retains its authentic flavour and texture despite the absence of these ingredients, which you might have thought to be indispensable in the preparation of Vegetable Fried Rice. The use of typically Oriental veggies like cabbage, capsicum and baby corn, along with tongue-tickling sauces, gives this main-course rice dish a fantastic flavour and aroma, which you will thoroughly enjoy. It is also important to stick to the cooking times mentioned in the recipe because if you under-cook the veggies, they will have a raw smell, whereas if you over-cook them, you will miss the crunch that is so typical of Chinese foods.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan, add the capsicum and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the babycorn and french beans and sauté on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the cabbage and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the soya sauce and chilli sauce and mix well.
- Add the cooked rice, salt and pepper, mix well and cook on medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.