Vegetable Florentine ( Microwave Recipe )
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 182 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 28618 times
The dish looks as dainty as its name sounds! an assortment of vegetables in white sauce is spread on a layer of spinach, and finally topped with cheese. The vibrant colours of the vegetables contrast well with the light shades of the sauce and cheese, not to forget the splashes of green contributed by the spinach. Microwave cooking retains the colours, and locks in the flavours of the ingredients, making this dish an epitome of perfection. Ensure that you blend the spinach well to a smooth purée and that your vegetables are chopped well. This baked dish is truly party fare!
- Place the spinach in a microwave safe plate and microwave on high for 1 minute. Cool slightly.
- Blend the spinach in a blender to a smooth purée and keep aside.
- Put the butter in a microwave safe bowl and microwave on high for 40 seconds. Add the onions, flour and green chillies, mix well and microwave on high for 3 minutes, stirring once in between after 1½ minutes.
- Add the spinach, cream, salt and pepper, mix well and microwave on high for 4 minutes, stirring once in between after 2 minutes. Keep aside.
- Combine the mixed vegetables with ½ cup of water in a microwave safe shallow dish and microwave on high for 15 minutes, stirring twice after every 5 minutes.
- Add the white sauce and mix well. Keep aside.
- Spread the prepared spinach layer in a shallow microwave safe dish, top with the prepared vegetable layer and cheese and microwave on high for 4 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||3330.4 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.2 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.7 mg|
|Vitamin C||29.6 mg|
|Folic Acid||73.7 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.