Vegetable Dumplings ( Chinese Recipes)
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 73 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 30495 times
Vegetable dumplings are popularly called dim sums. To making perfect dumplings, ensure that the outer covering is rolled very thinly.
- For the dough
- Combine all the ingredients and knead into a soft pliable dough.
- Roll out into a big cylinder.
- Divide the dough into small 25 equal portions. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in the wok over a high flame, add the ginger and sauté for a few seconds.
- Add all the remaining ingredients and stir-fry for a couple of minutes.
- Remove from heat and divide into 25 equal portions. Keep aside to cool.
- Put the tomatoes in a vesselful of boiling water for 2-3 minutes. Remove the tomatoes from the water, peel and chop them roughly. Keep aside.
- Dry roast the red chillies till they are crisp. Keep aside.
- Combine the tomatoes, garlic, red chillies and salt and blend to a smooth purée in a blender. Keep aside.
- Combine all the ingredients and mix well. Keep aside.
- Roll out each portion of the dough into very thin circles of approximately 75 mm. (3") diameter.
- Place one portion of the vegetable filling in the centre of each circle.
- Bring together the edges and with your fingertips to make dimsums.
- Steam in a greased steamer for about 10 minutes.
- Serve hot with the red and black sauces.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.