Vegetable Corn Bake ( Diabetic Recipe )
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 69 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 19543 times
This versatile multipurpose dish can do wonders to satiate snack-time hunger pangs, or serve as a starter or even a meal in itself! Chana dal flour is beneficial for diabetics as it has a low glycemic index, and when combined with loads of veggies one gets an added fibre boost.
This dish is baked and so the worries associated with frying are eradicated. With lesser calories and fat, this is a must-have dish. Do not become depressed if you do not have an oven; simply use a kadai – the result is as crisp and tasty as the baked one.
- Combine the besan, corn, cabbage, spinach, carrots, ginger-green chilli paste, salt, sugar, coriander and ¼ cup of water together in a bowl and mix well.
- Add the fruit salt and sprinkle some water over it. When the bubbles form, mix gently.
- Pour the batter into a greased 150 mm (6”) diameter oven-proof baking dish and bake in a pre-heated oven at 180 c (360 f) for 20 to 25 minutes. Keep aside to cool.
- For the tempering, heat the oil in a small non-stick pan and add the mustard seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the sesame seeds and asafoetida and sauté for a second.
- Remove from the flame, add 2 tbsp of water and pour the mixture over the vegetable corn bake.
- When cool, cut into 16 equal portions.
- Serve immediately garnished with the coriander.
- It is highly recommended that this recipe be relished by diabetics only occasionally and in small quantities. This is just a mere ‘treat’ and does not qualify for a regular diabetic menu.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per piece
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.