Vegetable Cheese Paratha
by Nisha Sidhwani
This recipe has been viewed 1119 times
It is the most delicious and nutritive paratha which people of all ages will love. The combination of cabbage and cottage cheese is just scrumptious.
- Combine the wheat flour, oil and salt in a small bowl.
- Add water in small quantities and knead into a smooth and soft dough.
- Grease its surface with 1/2 tsp oil, cover it with clean muslin cloth and set aside for 15-20 minutes.
- Heat oil in a pan put mustard seeds and onions.
- Sauté onions till they are translucent.
- Now add cabbage and capsicum and stir for 5-7 min on medium flame.
- Once their moisture content is reduce, add the paneer, salt , oregano and chilli flakes and saute for 2 minutes.
- Remove from flame and let it cool for 5 min.
- Now put grated cheese in this mixture, mix well and keep aside.
- Divide stuffing into 4 equal parts and give them a shape of ball.
- Divide prepared dough into 4 equal parts, give them a round shape and press a little to flatten like pattie.
- Take one dough pattie and coat it with dry wheat flour on both sides. Put it on rolling board/roti making board (chakla) and roll it out into a circle of approx. 4-5 inch diameter using rolling pin.
- Put one portion of stuffing in the center of it.
- Wrap stuffing ball by lifting all sides of rolled circle towards top, seal the edges and again give it a round ball shape.
- Gently press stuffed ball on rolling board and dust some dry flour over it.
- Roll it out into circle of 6-7 inch diameter (like roti or chapati). Do not make it very thin by pressing it too much.
- Place it on a hot tava/griddle and cook over medium flame. When tiny bubbles starts to rise on the surface, flip it and reduce flame to low.
- Spread 1/2 teaspoon butter or ghee around its edge with the help of spatula and cook for approx 30-40 second
- Flip it again and spread 1/2 teaspoon butter around its edge.
- Repeat flip until golden brown.
- Transfer it to a plate and spread butter on it.
- Serve hot or pack when warm.
This recipe was contributed by Nisha Sidhwani on 05 Aug 2015
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.