Vegetable Cheelay By shahreema
Added to 13 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 3941 times
Vegetable cheelay is a healthy and easy to prepare chila or pancake recipe with gram flour mixed with chopped vegetables. The batter is spread on a non-stick pan and spread like dosa or any pancake. The vegetable cheelay can be stuffed with coconut or paneer and served with chutney.
Add your private note
Vegetable Cheelay By shahreema recipe - How to make Vegetable Cheelay By shahreema
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Total Time:
- Pick, clean and wash moong dal. soak moong dal in two cups of water for two hours. grind soaked moong dal with cumin seeds and green chillies. dissolve asafoetida in two tablespoons of water and mix it into the dal batter. add salt and mix well.
- Mix chopped carrot, chopped onion, chopped tomato, green peas and chopped coriander leaves with this. season with salt and red chilli powder. keep aside.
- Heat oil on a frying pan. spoon about one ¾ katori of batter on to the tawa and spread it to make a pancake with a diameter of about 4-5 inches. shallow fry for about half a minute.
- Spoon a little oil on the sides of the chilla and cook for fifteen seconds on medium heat.
- Turn the chilla over and let it cook on the other side for two minutes on low to medium heat. spoon oil on the sides of the chilla and turn it over. cook for another minute on moderately high heat.
This recipe was contributed by shahreema on 26 Mar 2002
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.