Vegetable Bajra Cutlet
Added to 1 cookbook
This recipe has been viewed 2661 times
Bajra is one the most common grains consumed widely in rural India, and is often referred to as the poor man’s staple food with multiple health benefits.
- Soak the bajra for 5-6 hours. Drain and pressure cook with enough water for 5 to 7 whistles.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid and mash the bajra lightly. Keep aside.
- Blend the bread slices into crumbs and keep aside.
- Combine the mashed potato, powdered bread slices and mixed vegetables in a mixing bowl, mix well and pour the mashed bajra and the rest of
- the flavorings as needed.
- Make a stiff dough and pinch a portion of the dough and make a disc (about 2 inches diameter) and set aside.
- Continue making the discs with the rest of the dough.
- On a hot tava, spray a little oil and spread these discs and cook on both sides until they get golden brown on both the sides.
- Serve hot with ketchup or chutney of your choice!
This recipe was contributed by supriya006 on 14 Mar 2015
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.