Vegetable Au Gratin ( Fast Foods Made Healthy Recipe)
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 103 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 111470 times
A traditional continental delicacy served with warm and crisp breads, Vegetable Au Gratin features all your favourite veggies drowned in white sauce, topped generously with cheese, and baked till the cheese melts. Choose crisp, juicy, mildly flavoured veggies like carrots, peas and French beans for this baked dish, and avoid pungent or gooey ones like eggplant, onions and tomatoes.
- Heat the butter in a pan and sauté the garlic for 1 to 2 seconds.
- Add the flour and sauté for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the milk gradually, stirring continuously so that lumps do not form. Add ½ cup of water and mix well.
- Bring to a boil and add the cheese, salt and pepper and mix well. Keep aside.
- Combine the vegetables and the white sauce and mix well.
- Pour into an oven proof bowl and sprinkle the cheese on top
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 200°c (400°f) for 10 to 15 minutes till the cheese melts and is lightly browned.
- Serve with warm garlic bread.
Nutrient values per serving
|Calories|| 185 cal.|
|Fat|| 10.8 gm.|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.