Vegan Tangy Apricot Crunch Muffins
by Aditya Vikram Shah
This recipe has been viewed 1857 times
Vegan muffins with tang of lemon and sweetness of ripe apricots and an added unusual crunch
Add your private note
Vegan Tangy Apricot Crunch Muffins recipe - How to make Vegan Tangy Apricot Crunch Muffins
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Total Time:
Makes 10 to 12 muffins
- Preheat oven to 350°f. Line cups of standard muffin pan with paper liners.
- Mix together almond milk and chia seeds in medium bowl. Set aside 10 minutes, or until thickened.
- Place almond meal in separate bowl, and sift in maida, baking powder, baking soda, and turmeric; whisk together.
- Mix maple syrup, apricot nectar, coconut oil, lemon juice, lemon zest, and sea salt into chia seed mixture. Pour into flour mixture; stir until batter is just combined.
- Avoid over mixing or you would end up with a bread like batter
- Scoop rounded 1/3 cup batter into each prepared muffin cup.
- Lightly press 1 plum quarter into center of each muffin.
- Bake for 35 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center of muffins comes out clean and edges are golden.
- Cool in pan for 5 minutes, then transfer to wire rack to cool.
- You can use Frozen or canned fruit quarters instead of the fresh apricots/plums
This recipe was contributed by Aditya Vikram Shah on 27 Jun 2015I like to read books, listening to soft music and riding my bike along the river banks while its rai...
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.