Vegan Orange Cake
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 9 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 10347 times
Home made Vegan Orange Cake taste really good.
- Grate the whole orange on a grater to get the zest, stop grating when the white skin appears. Keep aside the grated zest.
- Crush the above orange in a hand mixer to get juice or pulp, do not filter it. Keep aside.
- Combine the plain flour, sugar, oil, zest and orange pulp together in a bowl and whisk it thoroughly. Do not overdo as it may flaten the cake.
- Add the water, mix well, to get the consistency.
- When the batter looks smooth, add the tutty frutti and mix well. This will give a nice flavour and smell to the cake.
- Grease the 175 mm (7") diameter baking tin with the oil.
- Add the baking soda and baking powder to the cake mixture and mix it quickly. Immediately pour the batter in to the prepared tin.
- Bake the cake in a pre-heated oven for 40-45 minutes.
- Insert a knife in the center after 40-45 minutes to check if the cake is done from inside. If knife come out clean the cake is done, if not than bake for some more time.
- When ready, remove from the oven and leave aside for 1 minute. Invert the tin over a rack and tap sharply to unmould the cake.
- Keep aside to cool and use as required.
- Key to getting fluffy cake is to mix baking soda and baking powder at the last minute.
This recipe was contributed by Be_a_veggie on 26 Dec 2010
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.