Vegan Chocolate Fudge Pastry ( Cakes and Pastries)
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 31 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 9965 times
If you are a step more than vegetarian and won’t consume dairy products either, this is the perfect cake recipe for you. The butter that is traditionally used in cakes is substituted by any clear, refined, odourless vegetable oil, such as sunflower oil. To test if the cake is done, pierce a toothpick through it, if it comes out clean, it is done. Otherwise it needs to be baked for a few more minutes. Avoid using too much baking powder and vinegar to prevent the cake from drying up; however too little will make it harder than desired!
Add your private note
Vegan Chocolate Fudge Pastry ( Cakes and Pastries) recipe - How to make Vegan Chocolate Fudge Pastry ( Cakes and Pastries)
Preparation Time:    Baking Time: 35 minutes Baking Temperature: 180°C (360°F) Cooking Time: Total Time:
Makes 8 pastries
- Combine the plain flour, sugar, baking soda, salt and cocoa powder in a bowl and pass through a sieve and keep aside.
- Combine all the remaining ingredients and mix well till the sugar dissolves.
- Add the plain flour mixture and mix gently.
- Pour the mixture into a greased and dusted 175 mm. (7”) diameter tin.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 180?c (360?f) for 30 minutes.
- The cake is ready when it leaves the sides of the tin and is springy to touch.
- When ready, remove from the oven and leave aside for 1 minute. Invert the tin over a rack and tap sharply to unmould the cake. Keep aside to cool.
- For the chocolate glaze icing, combine all the ingredients in a bowl. Add a little warm water if the mixture is too thick. Use immediately.
- For the vanilla glaze icing, combine all the ingredients in a bowl. Add a little warm water if the mixture is too thick.
- Fill a butter paper piping bag with vanilla icing gaze. Snip the end to make a hole to allow the icing to flow.
- Cut the cake with a knife to even the level.
- Place the chocolate cake on a turntable and pour the chocolate glaze icing over it.
- Tap gently so that the icing spreads evenly. You can even use a wooden spoon for this.
- Cut into 8 equal wedges. Using the piping bag filled with white glaze icing, draw straight lines at a distance of approximately ½ “ from each other.
- Run a tooth pick at right angles to the white glaze icing line to get a feather like effect.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.